Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In the end . ..

This is one of the most important articles I have ever read and represents probably the most honest and balanced view of the times in which we live that I have ever read.

When I was 14 years old I embarked upon a reading program that included The Gulag Archipelago, A People's History of the United States, 1984, Silent Spring, and a volume of much lesser stature entitled The Population Bomb, by Paul Ehrlich. The latter was a Malthusian work predicting mass starvation in the 1980s unless impossibly drastic measures were adopted. Essentially, it predicted the end of the world as we know it. And after reading those other books, some part of me secretly hoped it were true. MORE

Found this courtesy of my friend over at the Whoa!? (or ist it Whoa?!) blog. Anyway, thanks my friend.

No comments: