Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hello World!

I haven't posted in awhile. What have I been up to you ask? Well the usual, trying to be a good husband and father which entails working full time in a good paying job that has the benefit of being something that I rather enjoy doing. Recently I reread (listened to) Jed McKenna's book "Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damndest Thing". Currently I am reading "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein. It is a classic which I had heard about for a long time but never actually read.

I have also spent quite a bit of time trying to wake up, in a "spiritual sense". This has been a rather involved process in which I have the kind guidance of a friend and mentor. Perhaps more on this later, although again I feel restrained as this blog does occassionally get a peek from family members. Although they are all quite aware that my spiritual beliefs (or opinions) are quite unorthodox from their point of view I consider it a point of courtesy not to flaunt it before them. But, then, perhaps that needs a rethink. Indeed perhaps the whole world, including and especially myself, needs a rethink. Of course the word "rethink" implies that any of these complexities have been subjected to thinking in the first place, and that is a bit of a stretch.

I have also resumed study of the martial arts, although I have had to put the specifically Russian studies in a holding pattern due to limited time and monetary resources. In the meantime I have taken up the study of the Indonesian martial art of pencak silat.

Anyhow, more on all this going forward. I simply had to assuage my guilt over not having updated the bloggy in so long.

No comments: