Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Gifts -- call of the wild!

It has been a very nice holiday for my family and I. My wife bought me two books that I have been wanting for a long time. They are both by Tom Brown Jr. AKA "The Tracker". I have bought and read both books before (more than once) and liked them so much I "loaned" them to other people. Of course when you give books away they never return. C'est la vie. Well the problem in this case was that these books went out of print. To make matters worse all of the used copies to be had online were exorbitantly priced. I'm talking ~$50 for a paperback. Yeah, he's a popular author.

Anyway my thoughtful wife got them both for me, and for a decent price. This probable because Tom Brown has bought the rights to both books and has published one of them himself just recently. This one is called "The Journey" and the other is called "The Quest". Along with "The Vision" these three books make somewhat of a spiritual trilogy, although all of his books have spiritual themes.

Anyway I love these books and am already half way through "The Quest". Of course that got me thinking about getting outdoors again and resuming my nature studies. I still have Kamana 2 ready to go on the shelf. Kamana is a great program and if you are interested in Tom Brown Jr.'s stuff it is like having a Tom Brown Jr. home study course. It was originally created by Tom's first student Jon Young.

* * * * * *

Happy New Year All!

No comments: